Wednesday, October 22, 2003

I just made a check-up appointment with my doctor. I called, got the receptionist's voicemail [Hmmm, ok, that's a new one. What's up with that?], left a message and received a return call a few minutes later. No big. When I asked for an appointment, I got his first available, in August.

August? As in next year, 2004, 10 months away, August?

Yep.

(And just to make it totally clear: helloooo? it's October.)

Does anybody else think this is totally screwed up? Whatever happened to the concept of wellcare? Preventative medicine?

And not to mention, in 10 months, my healthplan could change on me, again. Or I might get laid off. Or move out of state. There was a time when I wouldn't even have had a calendar around where I could write down an appointment that far ahead.

August?

*sigh*

No comments: