Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Top Down

The top came down this afternoon on the drive to practice. It's the first time this season. I'm always a little hesitant to do highway driving with the top down -- the wind picks up dramatically over 40 and it can often feel a lot colder than when you're standing still or even cruising around on city streets.

But today, it's sunny, mid-80's and mostly clear. It's a beautiful day. And the humidity that would have made it gross and miserable to run in at noon makes the open-air ride that much nicer. It keeps it warm, but it's not oppressive. (yet) The air is still refreshing, but it doesn't chill.

You can see the light puffy clouds in the distance. You occasionally catch the fragrance of the spring flowers: lilacs, fruit tree blossoms and I don't know what.

There IS this particular section of 93 South between exits 42 and 41 that smells like ASS, but fortunately that passes fairly quickly. (Does anyone know what that is? It's been bugging me since I started making this commute.) Otherwise it's a good drive down to Waltham.

I play for the first time in over a month. It feels good to run around; although I'm still trying to be careful not to push too hard or to get into situations where a collision will drop my ass back to square one.

Afterwards, the drive home. More lilacs.

For now, life is good.

No comments: