Saturday, February 19, 2005

Cold enough

It's not like today was the coldest day that I've ever gone running. According to Weather Underground, it was a balmy 27°F.

Ok, I wasn't exactly happy about it, but like I said, it's been worse.

But it was cold enough, at least for my MP3 player*, that after being outside for a little over an hour, it decided that it'd had enough and started making a loud annoying buzzing noise through the headphones instead of playing music, and completely ignored all the buttons and switches, including the power switch.

I had to pull the battery to make it stop.

Stupid winter.



*Yes, it was the cold. When I replaced the battery, the player reset and then after about a minute or two, it started buzzing again. I jiggled the battery again and moved it from an outside pocket on my fleece pullover to a pocket inside my windpants and it seemed to behave for the rest of the run.

No comments: