I think this is the fourth night in the last six where I haven't been able to fall asleep. Tired. Sleepy even. But I just can't seem to drop off to sleep.
Almost makes me want to try this, although the waking hours certainly aren't particularly useful if you're trying to participate with most of the world around you.
Have I mentioned BAH*?
UPDATE: to answer Leah's question in the comments, and for full disclosure, here's the list of things that I can think of that I've tried over the past few weeks:
- meditation (which really is kind of like reiki. Or vice versa.)
- hot shower (I'm a life-long night showerer. I don't sleep well when gritty or sticky.)
- warm milk (with Ovaltine)
- staying up later
- visualizing the comfy feeling I have in bed in the morning when I don't want to get up
- being mindful of the images that play behind my closed eyelids
- visualize constantly dropping into deeper layers of consciousness/reality.
- avoiding computer stuff right before bed
* not to be confused with "baa." Seriously, does counting sheep actually work for anyone?