Originally uploaded by tallasiandude.
So, yeah, haven't really been doing much with the blog in a while. I think the Project365 business really burned me out on the whole post every day thing, even if I was only generating a post for every day and not *actually* posting everyday. (details, details) Tweets have still been happening, so if you're really craving that tall, asiany goodness, peek on over there, since things are still going to be sporadic over here for the time being.
For those keeping score at home, I did finally finish the acorn flour project, although there still needs to be a post about that. Or at least a recipe. Perhaps I'll put that up over on FoodNerd's site. I mean, it's hers, but y'know, I get some privileges for setting it up at least.
I guess I do owe y'all a quick recap, so here's a quick list of what I've been up to:
- Dancing -- I'm trying to get to more of the local dances on a regular basis, but we're also attending local workshops as well as traveling for workshops and exchanges in other cities.
- Running -- I was getting my mileage up in preparation for running the Chicago Marathon this year, but that fell through when some friends decided they were going to get married that same weekend. Nevertheless, I was reintroduced to a few guys who work locally and have been running pretty regularly with them for the past few months.
- Guitar -- been working on my finger-style country blues using this book. Good so far. Occasionally picking up the Uke, but it's been mostly guitar recently.
- Massage Therapy -- happy to finally be covering expenses this year, but still not a practical source of income, but enough to keep my hands busy, so to speak.
- Studying up on my perl and C++ to work on a random OCD data-collection project focused on shopping for organic food. I've been collecting the data and building a back-end perl-based parsing app, in part to exercise some of those coding muscles I haven't used in a while, but also because I'm tired of keeping all the data in my head. Obviously still a work in progress.
- studying Chinese -- some nice online services have popped up making it a lot easier to practice listening and reading skills. I'm currently using Popup Chinese, although it's taken a bit of a back seat recently since...
- I started a new job last week -- engineering, 3 miles from the house, nice people who run (same guys I've been running with, actually. Worked out quite nicely.) Still getting up to speed, but interesting to observe how my body is adjusting to the new schedule. (or rather, how it's not)
So, yeah, kind of busy. And we've also been having a lot of work done with the house -- blown-in insulation and a new roof while exterior painting in the queue and plans to rejigger the back deck. And jeez -- disc started a few weeks ago and there's some more travel coming up, a couple of weddings and... well, you know the drill.
Hopefully I'll see you guys around, even if it takes a bit of time for me to hit equilibrium again.