Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Gotta Run

So I just signed up for Boston's Run to Remember, a half-marathon through the city of Boston. It seems like a cool way of participating in something associated with the city without having to qualify for the Boston Marathon, let alone do that whole "running a marathon" part. A half seems doable; a full marathon, not so much (despite having numerous friends who have completed one, or more).

I haven't run in an organized race since 1995, when I ran in the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot in Buffalo, NY.

I've actually signed up for two races since then (the Bay State Marathon in '98 and the Muddy Buddy race in 2002), but in both cases I managed to sustain debilitating injuries just a few weeks prior to the race date.

A coincidence?

Perhaps.

But a parting thought for your edification: I signed up for the race last night, and during my run this afternoon I rolled my ankle on the way back to the house.

Not a bad start, huh?

No comments: