Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oh-fer-two

Toshiba Quits HD DVD Business

Bah.

I guess I shouldn't care too much that my Combo DVD/HD-DVD discs don't play well in our A3 HD-DVD player. I can file them with my old Betamax tapes when we eventually replace them with Blu-ray.

Still gonna hold off on a blu-ray player for a while -- prices are still high, and even if we get past that, I'll want to wait for either the studios to drop the whole region-encoding bullshit (unlikely) or for the release of a true region-free player.

1 comment:

Leah said...

lol. i shouldn't laugh. but the idea of a file of hd-dvd and betamax tapes made me giggle a bit. we were waiting to see which one would make it (blu-ray or hd). our friend in the business told us it would be blu-ray, but i wasn't so sure. i'm glad it went one way finally, but i'm sorry you got stuck on the wrong end.