Friday, February 20, 2009

51/365 Pre-Noodlefest: Star Anise


51/365 Pre-Noodlefest: Star Anise
Originally uploaded by tallasiandude.

[2009Feb21/02:11]

Late start for Noodlefest this year.

Things have been kind of crazy the past few weeks, so we weren't really able to lay in supplies (this year, from the Kam Man Market in Quincy) until late this evening. (Friday) It didn't help that we made a wrong turn trying to get there.

We finished the first pass of the process sometime around 1AM. (yes, I back-dated this post. I think I've warned people.) We'll kill the burner in a few minutes and let the residual heat cook it down overnight and then give it another hour or two in the morning before we strain the broth and pull out the meat.

Oy. So much for getting my sleep cycles back in sync. I did pretty well last night and was on track today. Oh well. At this point, I'm willing to be skewed late so long I don't get sick. I seem to have fought off whatever was giving me that mini sore throat yesterday.

No comments: