Friday, January 30, 2004

cool things

Two things, of the sequential art variety, that I've recently come across:

  1. BOP! a new collection of Box Office Poison stories by Alex Robinson. I originally found Box Office Poison in my local comic book shop (Outer Limits in Waltham) -- the 3rd to last issue of the original series. I think it was the dialog that sucked me in initially. Fortunately, they released the entire collection in a single edition only a few months after my initial discovery, so I didn't have to tear out my hair trying to track down every last issue. BOP! is a follow-up collection of (apparently) all the short stories involving the original Box Office Poison characters. Way cool. Check them out if you haven't already.
  2. Dungeon, by Joann Sfar and Lewis Trondheim. Thankfully (for losers like me) NBM translated the series from the original French.

No comments: