Monday, December 06, 2004

Stupid Cold, Moron.

So I went on a short run today, the first run this season with the temperature below freezing. (WeatherUnderground said it was in the high 20s.) Just an easy run after a day off and the 27+ miles from last week, keeping things loose for some trackwork tomorrow. The run was ok -- I initially felt like I hadn't worn enough layers, but after the first mile (while still being cold) it felt tolerable.

However, for the last hour or so, my right nasal sinus passage has grown increasingly irritated (sorry, I know that's gross but I'm having trouble explaining it with prettier pictures). It's not running like a river or anything and it doesn't feel congested...and yet it does. The near constant nose-blowing accomplishes nothing. It's like you're in an apartment where you've just noticed a damp spot under the water stain in the ceiling, so you mop it up, but really it's just a matter of time before the whole ceiling collapses in a downpour because the upstairs apartment has actually flooded because your moron neighbor left the bathtub running.

Except replace the apartment building with my head, and replace the moron with me because I signed up for a half-marathon in March which forces me to have training runs when it's below freezing outside.


In unrelated news: it's 5pm and no napping has occurred.

No comments: