Sunday, May 08, 2005

Disc makes it better, sometimes

Disc is my therapy.

I've been trying to write about this for a couple of weeks but life has not only been getting in the way, it's been body-slamming me to the mat and leaving me for dead. I tried to take some time to write over the weekend but Blogger ate my post multiple times so I finally gave up, hours and sleep lost. But here I go again -- hopefully it doesn't prove to be yet another exercise that I'm going to regret I didn't spend studying or trying to get some more sleep.

Things have been pretty rough the last few weeks, but I think I'm finally acclimating to things. Either that or it's just a calm between storms. The race is done, as are this past week's quizzes in physiology and anatomy and papers for school. And work. Which is, well, work. Going to have to get mentally prepared for going into the office tomorrow, but things still seem to be operating within normal-ish parameters.

I don't want to get too sidetracked, so I'll just say that work was weird on a couple of levels. There's the usual stuff I suspect about reentering the working world after a five month layoff, but it's also the first time I'm working as an independent contractor and some stuff specific to this job in particular that makes it not really like contracting which just makes the whole thing much more complicated in my head than it should be, and much more complicated than something that I'd be able to write about here.

And I wanted to talk about disc.

So things have been a bit rough the past few weeks, not just because I've suddenly found myself busier than I can ever really remember, but also because of the whole thing with the SOOTTAD moving to Chicago (still sucks, BTW), and well, yeah, actually I think it does have a lot to do with being busy. But let me get to the disc stuff, before this thing gets too long and Blogger eats my post again.

Anyway, as I was saying: I've been using disc as therapy. It hadn't been a conscious thing until a few weeks ago when I was having a particularly bad week. It was the first Monday after the SOOTTAD, and the




FUCK!

blogger just ate my post. Again. This has to be the fifth or sixth time now.

I swear I've been trying to write this fucking post for the better part of 3 weeks.

I could have been studying. Or sleeping.

FUCK.

Ok, I give up. The nutshell: this is about my Monday night BUDA games in JP.

Disc has been been good for me. It's been helping a lot. It makes me feel better.

Life has been sucking. I've been busy. I've been stressed about school. I've been stressed about starting a new job. I've been tired. I've been overtired. I've missed the SOOTTAD terribly.

I've felt depressed, it made me feel better. I had heartburn. It made me feel better. I was exhausted. I still felt exhausted, but it gave me some indications that I WAS exhausted and should try to get more rest. I was depressed and really looking forward to disc and my game got cut short and my emotions went beserk and I felt really stupid about it. It seemed a lot like addiction. I question my overreliance and dependency on any external THING that I use to make things better. THE END.

Fucking Blogger.

No comments: