Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Disappointment

The Sneeze recently did a nice job summarizing my feelings on the new Mega M&M's:
"What the Mega F?"
V and I have discussed our disappointment on several occasions, especially after having watched a few of the (occasionally) amusing ad spots online. It really is kind of a bummer. From all the marketing, you'd expect it to be difficult to hold more than one or two in your hand. (Not melting, of course.)

I do have to admit that, even being maybe 50% larger, they do have an appreciably different taste which is certainly due to the increased chocolate-to-hard-candy-shell ratio. So, y'know, at least that's something.

My personal intuition and biases suggest to me that the reason that these candies aren't any bigger is that some pack of M&M lawyers (those would be the brown ones, I think) probably decided that anything over a certain size had to be considered a choking hazard, and thus a corporate liability. (Either that or there's some kind of overreaching federal* regulation on the matter.)



* Hmmm, maybe...

No comments: