Wednesday, August 26, 2009

238/365 Receipt Bloat


238/365 Receipt Bloat
Originally uploaded by tallasiandude.

Irritated enough by the extreme ridiculousity of the receipt from a Staples purchase that I had to take a picture of it. (and not many other pictures today.) It's mostly rebate stuff, but... wow. And the rebate price wasn't much better than the price at Costco, except that I won't get it for 6-8 weeks and it'll be in the form of a Visa gift card. Not thrilled with the whole experience.

Otherwise, not a bad day. A bit on the warm side, but not overly humid. Track workout (hard) in the morning. Appointment with the nurse practitioner in order to get Xrays because I started worrying that my wrist might actually be fractured -- but no word yet on that.

I keep wondering whether I should find a new doctor. The NP has misdiagnosed me at least twice (missed a torn ligament and whooping cough on separate occasions) and then the pamphlets on osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes and bereavement counseling make me consider I'm in the wrong demographic. I had some photos of the pamphlets but they weren't very interesting, and I missed an opportunity to get one of the v!agra-branded wall clock -- seems like there should be a good v!agra/bone-density joke in there somewhere. (fingers-crossed that this post doesn't generate comment spam or ridiculous hits for the ED references.)

No comments: