Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yet more disappointment

No clients for clinic, again. Two timeslots, no people.

They were able to find a fill-in for my second appointment slot, but then they never showed up. For those of you keeping score at home, that's three out of four days that I've had cancellations, no-shows or unfilled timeslots, two out of four that I've had no clients at all. Boy this sucks. (Oh yeah, and the five guys in our half of the class made up five of the six people who didn't have clients in the second session.)

And after getting all stressed out by the experience, I ended up giving a crappy massage to a classmate during the remaining time in the first session*. At least that was something of a learning experience -- I need to get myself grounded and just let go of everything that's external to the task at hand. (no pun intended) Sadly, I kinda already know that it's something I need to work on. And part of what I learned today is that sometimes I can still be discombobulated and disconnected, even when I think I'm settled and I've got it together. Quite troubling, really.

And it's gonna be tricky to figure it out, if it's even figure-outable.



* I did a better job of getting my head together for the second session (with another classmate) after getting feedback from the first. So the first session really was helpful, but it was still disappointing that my classmate got a crappy massage.

No comments: