Wednesday, June 03, 2009

154/365 Tacos Especiales


154/365 Tacos Especiales
Originally uploaded by tallasiandude.

It was late, we hadn't gotten dinner started and I wanted to run over to Radio Shack to get some memory for my new phone, so it seemed like a good time to check out Taqueria El Amigo on Willow St, since I had just read about them on Eat and Destroy.

We were not disappointed. We ate 8 tacos between the two of us, along with complimentary chips and salsa (both of excellent quality) and jamaica and tamarind agua frescas. Delicious -- all of it.

You may notice that these tacos were liberally covered with cilantro (which tastes like soap to me, and which we lovingly refer to as "devilweed"), but despite being unable to remove much of it, I didn't find myself affected by it (the SOOTTAD remarked that it didn't have its usual kick). Although, (and this may be TMI) my GI didn't respond well to the meal. (the devilweed, perhaps?) Nevertheless, it was totally worth it.

We'll definitely be back.

No comments: