Saturday, September 04, 2004

no escape

I thought I was going to get away from the politics in the news, but I guess it's kind of hard to avoid what with the convention going on.

I did stop to wonder why I bother writing about this stuff since there are so many others who are far more articulate than I am; and there's that whole "having an audience" thing that they've got going for them. I've got maybe one dedicated reader (hi DrJ!) and the random people who stumble across the site via search engines looking for random things (the strangest, and disturbingly, the most frequent: "asian piss." Um, iew. But hey, whatever floats your boat. And hey again, thanks for stopping by!)

At first I had the crazy idea that there might be the off-chance that I might actually make somebody stop and think about things. I think I know better now, but I keep writing because I realize that things have me so worked up, that they need some kind of outlet. Like screaming into a pillow or writing the nasty letter that gets filed away to never again see the light of day. I gotta get it out of my head and record it somewhere so I can stop thinking about it.

And now I've stopped thinking about it.

[UPDATE: Wed Sep 16, 2004, 09:07:55 AM EST]
Ok, I'm still thinking about it. In fact, there a lot of things that are really pissing me off right now. But at this stage, the more I think about them, the more worked up I get. So rather than going into seizure trying to articulate all the things that are bothering me, I'm going to try to put my head down and think happy thoughts. And maybe I'll actually get some work done.

Bah.

No comments: