Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Proof of the existence of God?

A visiting friend had made a comment about this around the time hurricane Charley was hammering Florida (mid-August). He was following the news reports, considering how the hurricane might affect the upcoming election. I hadn't really thought too much about it myself since then, until I was directed to this from Cynical-C:

I thought it was an interesting coincidence that a state with questionable presidential election results would be pummeled by hurricanes just before the next election. Then I thought it was an interesting coincidence that the storms spared Miami, who voted for Gore in 2000. Just out of curiosity, I overlaid two maps: one of the tracks of the hurricanes of 2004, and one of the election results of 2000.

This is no longer an interesting coincidence. It is an unmistakable message from God. I hope everyone is listening.
If so, hopefully, He hasn't now vanished in a puff of logic.

No comments: