Friday, April 09, 2004

good read; follow-up

TheChak has joined the list of regular reads. (added, stage left) He provides evidence of what's so great about the web: that other people can make your point much more eloquently, so you don't have to.

* * *

In other news, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get an appointment with my doctor that afternoon. Had an X-ray and everything. No fractures, but he couldn't tell if there was a separation (presumably, whether it was just a strain or a tear) and was going to ask the radiologist about it today and give me a call.

It's tomorrow now; no call.

I realize now that I was probably being unduly harsh about not being able to get a check-up appointment within 6 months of trying to schedule it. I understand that regular preventative care is, by definition, predictable and can be scheduled far in advance. And I should have known better. That point was made clear when I called in the afternoon and got an appointment that same day.

I like my doctor; he's got good bedside. I was originally told to follow-up with him after a visit to the Newton-Wellesley emergency room for what turned out to be cat-scratch fever (no, not this). I've stayed with him despite the inconvenience of his office being in Norwood, which seems to get farther and farther away as I move northward to live and work. Sometimes I wonder whether I should ask him for a referral for another doctor that's closer.

Anyway, it just would have been nice if he had followed up today like he said he would. I'm sure he was just really busy today. It happens. I'll give him a call tomorrow morning and it'll be no problem. I just have a thing about people doing what they say they're gonna do.

No comments: