Sunday, April 18, 2004

It's official

front tulips, morning

Spring is here.

The windows have been open all weekend...

The first flowers have appeared at the homestead... (see above and below)

I've pulled up errant raspberry primocanes that overnight seem to magically reappear...

The quince at the front of the driveway, which we had pretty much given up for dead after all the abuse it had taken over the winter, looks to be finally budding out...

For the first time this year, we put the top down on the car today.

I just wish I could run around. It doesn't even have to be disc; I'd settle for a nice run through the woods. Through suburbia even. I keep thinking that it'll be less than the six to eight week judgement handed down by the doctor. The twinge I get in my shoulder from even the seemingly most innocent movements tell me it's probably not going to happen. It's only week two, and if things don't improve, it's going to be a long and unhappy Spring no matter how the weather turns out.

It hasn't helped matters that I had to work over the weekend.

front tulips, late afternoon

No comments: