Saturday, November 12, 2005

AEM Day 11 - "Autumn Hands I"


Originally uploaded by tallasiandude.

I'm still trying to overcome my fear of using color.

I've been meaning to do something like this for several days now. The original plan was to color in the sketch from Day 5 but I realized that the original drawing was too small to really work effectively.

I have mixed feelings about this one, but... well, there it is. And I guess that's the whole point of this exercise. Hopefully I'll try and play with the idea again at some point.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Here is an exercise for playing with colour - pick an emotion, get into it, now pick one or two colours, no more - and simply let the emotion make marks with the colour - avoid symbols or words - just make marks and let the colour and emotion show!

I've done this and loved it. Or maybe it will spark off something else for you...

Anonymous said...

Good for you for challenging yourself. Actually, everything I've done with drawing (pencil, pastel) has been the same -- I never draw because I fear it looking laughable.

You did a really good job with defining the hands using color. I like it.