Sunday, November 06, 2005

Two thoughts

The SOOTTAD has suggested that there's acceptance, and then there's rolling over like a dog. Her acceptance ends when you start to behave like a dick.

I definitely think there is some wisdom in this.

My own thought: talk is just talk. People are defined by their actions not their words. (Unfortunately, this immediately reminds me of a line from Total Recall, spoken by the mutant leader Kuato: "You are what you do. A man is defined by his actions, not his memory.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i guess i think of it like, i accept this person for who they are because i can't change them. but if my boundaries are crossed, i should stick up for myself. (like the sootad says, getting walked all over isn't the solution.) i think you can accept someone and still say, "hey, that's not okay with me." and you can always resort to when you do x, i feel y because z. heh. :-)